Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Jumping off the Deep End

Well, I did it. Kind of. I left my full-time job to focus on art.

I'm still there 2-3 shifts per week (the discount is nice), but the benefits/insurance are gone. It is allowing me, however, about 30 more hours each week to focus on art... and I want to make the best of it.

I haven't been the best blogger, and I want to make that change. If I'm to make it as a professional artist, I need to be better at more than just painting. One of my new projects is to focus on this blog more. More content, more discussion, more artwork.

So, starting today, I plan on updating this blog each day with new artwork. I fully intend on painting each day, describing my working process, what I learned, etc. Hopefully this can serve as some sort of documentation of my progress, mostly for my own personal reference, though hopefully others may find it inspiring or helpful.

Yesterday was my first official day off. Or as one might say, first official day on the "new job". I spent it with my fiance in Sedona, and I did two paintings. Here is the first one.

"Castle Rock" 9x12, oil on panel coated with Arches Oil Paper

I took progress photos, and I plan on writing up a step-by-step post in the coming days.

Thank you for reading and following! I look forward to about 120 more posts this year, and I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment