Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A couple new landscapes

Landscape is probably my favorite subject to paint. Once in a while I find the time to do a little plein air painting, and I really wish I could do it more often. I'm going to try to make some time available for me to drive up to Sedona again... painting there was a blast. 

So, when I want to paint a landscape and I don't have the time to travel or the money for gas, I'll look through my stack of Arizona Highways magazines for inspiration. I don't have a problem referencing photographs for studies, though I do try to change it enough to make it "my own", so to speak. These two paintings took 1-2 hours each, painted on 5x7 canvas panels. I bought a bunch of panels from Utrecht when they were on sale, and then toned them all with thinner, Cadmium Red and Burnt Sienna.



No comments:

Post a Comment