Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Landscapes





First up is another snowy landscape. My main focus was on the abstract shapes created by the trees' cast shadows, and the warm/cool balance.

The next two paintings are of Sedona, AZ. I took a bunch of photos there earlier this year. It was overcast and rainy, but the rain brought out some nice colors in the rocks. In the late afternoon the sun finally came out for a brief time and I was able to get some great shots (third painting).

I'm slowly working my way towards more Old Holland brand paints. I have been really impressed with the quality. I've still got a ton of other brands (W&N, Gamblin, and Rembrandt), but as these get used up I am replacing them with Old Holland. They're expensive but really worth it.

Last up we have another banana painting. I think I'm done with this series. I've started to lose interest in them...

No comments:

Post a Comment